YUNGBLUD Documentation

 

YUNGBLUD 

Me with black lips and eyes channeling the Rock n Roll makeup look. I have also hand-drawn a pair of eyes with a biro onto my skin to resemble a tattoo because this is a big part of rock culture. 
Silke Banister, newest member of  YUNGBLUD'S band, plays guitar and bass. Bad ass rock chic.
Me channeling the Rock look with hand drawn tattoos and makeup, images in monochrome as most Rock n Roll photography was black and white. Historically and still is today. 
Jesse Jo Stark- Cry On Me album photography, vampy makeup 



YUNGBLUD- post gig, riled up and excitable, heavily inebriated.  
Jesse Jo Stark, Doomed album photography for an article to promote her album. Dark makeup, tattoos.



YUNGBLUD'S entrance on tour. Devil/angel/Satan 


At the beginning of the project my intention was to explore the whole genre of Rock and Roll and the freedoms and expressions that music in general allows you to do. From further conducting my research into the revival of Rock n Roll and where it all started, including some very influential musicians/artists along the way. YUNGBLUD as an artist focuses on emotional and connective material. With this in mind I wanted to try and capture the emotional experience of music. I planned to attend a series of live gigs/events around Nottingham, however circumstances and the weather meant that none of these could go ahead. 

At this stage i was pretty much stuck with no material to work with, although my ideas had  already formed around the theme of emotions and music. Further conducting my research i came across the work of Kandinsky. 

This lead me in a completely different direction with the project because my interest became less fixed on Rock n Roll and more about Abstract expressionist paintings fed by a condition called synesthesia that influenced this series of paintings by Kandinsky. 

My focus became more about the art instead of musicality.  
     












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Development

FMP Inspiration

FMP. Final Piece, thoughts...